The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Post traumatic stress disorder, PTSD poll (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36553)

Stick 10-14-2004 03:49 AM

Post traumatic stress disorder, PTSD poll

What's all this crap anyway?

Bill Farnie 10-14-2004 04:22 AM

I voted think so but haven't made a claim................and

I know PTSD is a serious subject but sorry I just couldn't resist.....

wait until after the ALCS is over and you'll see a dramatic increase in claims in the Boston area. :h:

Doc.2/47 10-14-2004 09:45 AM

Tried to vote but got a "session invalid" message.Don't know what that means, but you can add one to the top section if you take a notion.

Gimpy 10-14-2004 12:12 PM

I just

got through voting.

Hope you're feeling better Stick. I read your post over on the other thread to Col. Murph. Don't expect ANY consideration or understanding out of that A$$hole.........cause it AIN'T gonna happen!

God bless,

1CAVCCO15MED 10-14-2004 08:15 PM

I got it. I ain't proud of it but I deal with it 24 hours a day.

catman 10-15-2004 09:22 AM

30% of my total 80% rating is for PTSD. For those of us effected by it, it is a way of life - for those that do not have, they will never understand.

Trav

SEATJERKER 10-16-2004 02:17 AM

Morning all,...

...it's been a usual week of "blink" at 0430, out side of the personal circumstances, who posted this poll?, is it for the benefit of learning about it, or for another "slam"

Keith_Hixson 10-16-2004 03:45 PM

PTSD

Two people can go through the same crap. One suffer from PTSD and another seemly handles it. To the one who handles it they feel as if it doesn't exist. To those who suffer, they wonder why others don't suffer as they do. If you fell off a ladder and got hurt and then have trouble climbing ladders that is PTSD. Yet, some people can fall off a ladder and get hurt but they still climb ladders with the same reckless abandonment. We should never be critical of those who suffer. I had a few bad situations when working as a civilian medic. Sometimes the memories haunt me but 99% of the time I handle those bad memories pretty well. Though after seven and half years I knew I had to get out of the business. We are all built and function differently. Who am I to criticize another. PTSD is such a fickle animal, I often wonder if some don't take advantage of it for their own benefit. But, I had best not throw stones, because we all live in glass houses.

Keith

Stick 10-16-2004 06:27 PM

Curtis, it's for the benefit of learning and teaching. A fool refuses to learn and slamming only prooves who the fool (A.K.A.-dummy, A.K.A.-a$$hole) is.

SEATJERKER 10-17-2004 04:54 AM

John,...

...I didn't know who posted it from the start, and with some of the 'slams' that have happened, I was looking for the 'intrests" of that certian one,...