The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Psyco Vets 10th anniversary spring rush (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107195)

PHO127 01-07-2009 03:54 AM

Psyco Vets 10th anniversary spring rush

Midget toss and possum chili cookoff will occur the last weekend of April (23,24,25,26....).
Believe it or not but this is our 10th annual get together. The first was in 1999 at lake lanier attended by Gimpy, Doc Fred and Grunt. We have a lot to celebrate this year and in addition Gracie and LTs birthdays occur that weekend, 24th and 25th respectively. I expect a large turnout. If you have not been before this is the event to come to, If you have been but not lately (you know who you are) make this gathering. More tocome...

Packo 01-07-2009 04:47 AM

First to say...

I'LL BE THERE! Less than 4 months.....can't wait.

Pack

DMZ-LT 01-07-2009 05:21 AM

Second to say ... ME TO !! Andys birthday is the 22nd.

SEATJERKER 01-07-2009 05:50 AM

We're,...

...considering driving down this year, and bringing the bikes behind us on the trailor rather then flying...

...might have a couple tag-a-longs too, who knows,...

b3196 01-07-2009 06:01 AM

:xx:

Doc.2/47 01-07-2009 05:34 PM

Wouldn't miss it for anything.

MORTARDUDE 01-07-2009 10:40 PM

I'll be there too.

Stick 01-08-2009 03:04 AM

Hold old Nelly Bell a place up there. I'll be sleepin with, errr??? I mean in her.

b3196 01-08-2009 03:23 AM

Sid
You don't suppose Savanna Fred could bring that friend he keeps talkin' about to the mtn in April

With all these birthdays in April, I think I see a reason to drink

goodnessgracie 01-10-2009 11:21 AM

Of course, I'll be there!!!

Can't think of anywhere on Earth or elsewhere that I'd rather spend my second 39th birthday :)

Just hope it doesn't snow

Packo 01-10-2009 04:35 PM

Not this time

Gracie! Not on your bithday...and I think by then Mother Nature will be tired and not snow on our parade!

Pack

b3196 01-20-2009 05:26 AM

It's getting close to the time when we need to take a head count to see how many cases of holy water (cans or bottles, 12oz or 16oz) I need to bring.
The usuals are
Sid
Ray
John
Mustache Mike
Packo
Larry
Doc Fred
Doc Hal
Savanna Fred
Gracie
Bob K
Curtis
White Oak.....Now there's a voice from the past. Glad to see you're gonna make it
Frisco....Less some body parts
Kath
exlrrp (James)
74 days and a wake up

White Oak 01-21-2009 05:46 PM

Got room for one more?

If ya got room for one more,I'll be there...White Oak

Raggedy Ann 01-21-2009 08:51 PM

Frisco and Raggedy Ann (aka Tom & Kath) will be there.

b3196 01-22-2009 10:25 AM

White Oak

Plenty of room, how have you been?

QM3 Steve
You gonna make it this year?

MORTARDUDE 01-23-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Oak (Post 425807)
If ya got room for one more,I'll be there...White Oak

Hey, good to see you posting again !!!

Larry

PHO127 01-31-2009 12:25 PM

Christmas again

Boy am I getting excited. Danny glad you will make it this year. We made arrangements for the big smoker again this year and another pig. YUMMY. Bob, You may have to tow a trailer this year.

QM3steve 01-31-2009 03:17 PM

Bob,
Looks good so far. I'm looking at a couple of places to stay right now. Got some info from Pack to go on. If all travel plans go well, I will be the "tag along" to Curtis. Looking to bring the 6x6 and some local BBQ sauce too. HEY! NY BBQ's too... well at least I do... even in -10 temps and 2 feet of snow.

b3196 02-01-2009 06:00 AM

Steve

Stay at the hotel Pack mentioned. Its close, you can make it there $hit faced and you'll get your yearly dose of vitamin E just by sleepin' on the bed. You mentioned a 6X6....Anything like the Argo Big Foot. I've had one for about 5 years and its a blast.

Ron
let me know if your gonna make it. You're Miller lite drinker, right?

James
You showin' up this year?

QM3steve 02-01-2009 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup, like an Argo. Recreative Industries makes it up in Buffalo. Put tracks on it on Thursday and took it out. It's been a blast since I got it. Had to replace 3 bearings though. Hauled the kids to the top of the hill to sled yesterday.

My only conflict right now is a Rite-Aid job that has to be finished by May 1st. I run the electrical crew on it but hopefully I can take the two days to get away from it.

Packo 02-03-2009 09:36 AM

Steve

You'll be there, or when the snow clears up there in August....we'll be up to through the party at your mom's house!

I think you can add my two buddies here to the list. Joe and David. Dan's, Pighumper, not sure due to a possible contract with Hanes to do work for them, and the schedule calls for him to be out of town that weekend. If he doesn't come, not sure about Paul, as he's about blind and may not be able to drive all the way from West by God Virginia, by himself.

Looks like a great crowd for this year...can't wait!

Pack

b3196 02-04-2009 01:09 PM

Pack

2 Attachment(s)
Did you say PARTY at Steve's moms house!!!!!!!:xx:.....Set the date and times and I'll be there

Steve
This is the bad-mammy-jammy I get to play in when it snows.....Do all the neighbors driveways.....They bring me brown liquor, then we (it seats 4) head off to parts where no man has been before. (I knew this girl that called me Capt. Kirk for that same reason)

QM3steve 02-04-2009 02:31 PM

Oh sh*t! Not the mother party! Ok. Bob, bring the 6x.

Doc.2/47 02-04-2009 07:47 PM

Ny bbq?

Quote:

Originally Posted by QM3steve (Post 426707)
Bob,
Looks good so far. I'm looking at a couple of places to stay right now. Got some info from Pack to go on. If all travel plans go well, I will be the "tag along" to Curtis. Looking to bring the 6x6 and some local BBQ sauce too. HEY! NY BBQ's too... well at least I do... even in -10 temps and 2 feet of snow.

I sure hope you ain't gonna try ta palm that horseradish stuff as BBQ sauce. WEEEEOOOoooo NASTY!

http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/imgcache/11458.png

Packo 02-05-2009 06:23 AM

I'd shoot myself

if I had to live in a friggin' place where you'd need a contraption like that. "Look forward. Look South".

Pack

QM3steve 02-05-2009 06:28 AM

Hey... it floats too. You can't do that with a 4wheeler.

exlrrp 02-05-2009 06:57 AM

I might make it

Thanks for leaving me off the list, Bob, even tho I been there 4 outta the last 5 years.

Well, Its possible I could make it there again. This time I might even drive all the way from OR. But then again, its possible not, also. You know me: I never tell people when I'm coming because it only gives the sumbitches more time to plot against me.

The trouble is that there's a Ranger reunion down in Ft Benning 2 weeks later that I was thinking about attending. This is in conjunction with the Best Ranger Contest which we'd get to witness as guests. They're going to let the old Rangers (self been grandfathered in) fire all the cool stuff also. Wow--how could I miss that?

trouble is that to make the last weekend in Apr, it would mean I'd have to stay in the South for two weeks or more, which is frankly beyond my limit. A week, yes, 10 days, possibly over the JazzFest, but weeks: no no but no. Not that I mind the dear old rebellious place but its gotten to be like everywhere else: malls and MDonalds, KFC and Target, Taco Bell and Costco. if I gotta do two+ weeks in Motel 6's its gotta be someplace REALLY cool.

Like Hawaii, which is Option C here. I skipped going to Hawaii last year and I miss the place. I wouldn't be staying in Motel 6 there either.

But hey, Sid, John and other usual suspects living around there--if I went to the Ranger thing, I couldd cruise on up to the Mountain and still see you guys anyway, but 2 weeks later. Would that be cool?

Stay good
James

Packo 02-05-2009 06:57 AM

Steve

So does shit when you've been getting the proper amount of fiber in your diet.

Pack

DMZ-LT 02-05-2009 07:53 AM

That would be very cool James , you would be welcomed anytime.Did I tell you I was an Opa ?

Packo 02-05-2009 08:20 AM

Tough decision James...

but, that Ranger Reunion sounds oh-so-cool. You know I'd miss your butt being there big time, but sure do understand the perdiciment. Actually...I think your right about Bob plotting something for you. Caveat LRRPtor.

Pack

b3196 02-06-2009 03:27 AM

James

My ESP was kickin' in.....Not really, I had a senior moment, Sorry for leavin' you off the list which will be added.....Hope you make it

Steve
Pack definitely has the right amount of fiber in his diet.....He carries this 1 gallon jar of Metamucal with him where ever he goes

74 and a wakeup

1CAVCCO15MED 02-06-2009 08:27 AM

Whooee, that stuff gives him enough gas to play revielle. Bob what do you call that thing, Lamb Chop?

Stick 02-06-2009 12:13 PM

Sid, gas up the chain saw, good Lord willin' and the Creek don't rise I figure on bein' there. If Ray's makin' jumbuliya? I'll help.

exlrrp 02-06-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Packo (Post 427109)
but, that Ranger Reunion sounds oh-so-cool. You know I'd miss your butt being there big time, but sure do understand the perdiciment. Actually...I think your right about Bob plotting something for you. Caveat LRRPtor.

Pack

Yo Pack:
Well, you know, if youre interested,I could see if I could get you in. The last lrrp/ranger reunion I tried to get you into didn't exactly work out in our favor so I feel like I owe you one. I'll ask, anyway. It could be possible we could get together for another round of golf somewhere, maybe somewhere midway but I wouldn't mind cruising up there and saying Hi to the gang at the mountain anyway.
I'm considering driving down from OR. I never have actually driven all the way across country, the furtherest being Oakland CA to N.O.LA. Don't know about this, with airline fares so low. I took the Greyhound this same distance once, it was a drag.
Stay good
james

Packo 02-07-2009 05:54 AM

James...

What a great invite...but you owe me nothing. I had a ball being a LRRP for a night trying to find the other LRRPS. I would feel real funny at the Ranger thing at Benning when people would ask, "what Ranger unit were you with?" And I'd have to say...I wasn't. Maybe that's weird but how I feel. It's for those of you that wore the patch. But...playing golf somewhere...NO PROBLEAMO. We will find a place. Maybe LT knows of something in the middle.

Since my Fiber habits have been brought up....I will lecture everyone on the mountain about the benifits of Metamucil. Pighumper is a convert. So, get ready for a "short" story of my life with Metamucil. I will do this individually so nobody misses it. You can thank Bob for this. (Social Workers, MD's, Psychologists, and Nurses can obtain 6 CME'S with completion of lecture)

Pack

Doc.2/47 02-07-2009 06:17 AM

Metamucil?

Believe I'd prefer a vodka enema.

SEATJERKER 02-07-2009 02:51 PM

Doc,...

...His short story always starts off with "pig lips on his collar",...

QM3steve 02-07-2009 06:08 PM

Unless you got s**t for a mixer, a vodka enema would be alcohol abuse. At least you can mix the metamucil with vodka and... well... enjoy the effects of it before you're... flushed.

"Tired of those cloudy mixers? Starting to feel a little clogged? Try a little Svedka in your metamucil to keep you going. When you feel stuffed and irregular, you're just a shot way away. Svedka... it keeps the body regular."

b3196 02-09-2009 03:21 AM

Steve

You're gonna find out that Sid's and Ray's cookin' will keep the body regular, except you'll be wishin for a fire hose

Packo 02-09-2009 05:05 AM

Don't forget

Lt's volcanic gastric eruption sauce. It ranks a 10 out of 10 on my Gaviscon scale. Never knew that I could produce that much acid.

Pack