The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Bill and Richard , RIP (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115483)

DMZ-LT 01-28-2010 05:30 AM

Bill and Richard , RIP

41 years ago today Arrows husband , Bill , an in country Vietnam vet left to go be with the Lord and 20 years ago tomorrow my younger brother , Richard , a Vietnam era Seabee did the same. The tears I shed for Richard are not for him , they are for me and I know they are all smiling at my tears. " If you are wounded I will carry you , if you are captured I will come for you and if you are killed I will ALWAYS remember you." RIP , Brothers , I remember and so will my grandchildren.

catman 01-28-2010 07:25 AM

You are a very good man John. Rest now, I will stand watch.

Trav

BLUEHAWK 01-28-2010 07:57 AM

... until you meet again, by and by.

Doc.2/47 01-28-2010 09:06 AM

Rip

1CAVCCO15MED 01-28-2010 09:46 AM

Sis and John

I know you are suffering because big hearts bleed more. God bless you both.

Arrow 01-28-2010 10:17 PM

Beautiful post Lt, thank you brother. Doc Fred, thank you for your kind words, but it’s ok. He’s been safely home for forty one years, the family reunions there are now bigger than the ones we have here because so many have gone home. It does my heart good to know he has nothing but peace surrounding him and an eternity to live free of pain.

Resting in peace both Richard and Bill...

Love you all. Take care of each other,

Arrow

But you will not mind the roughness nor steepness of the way,
Nor the cold, unrested morning, nor the heat of the noonday,
And you will not take a turning to the left or to the right,
But go straight ahead, nor tremble at the coming of the night,
For the Road leads Home… ~author unknown~

John 14

SuperScout 01-29-2010 10:52 AM

Comfort, comfort ye my people, by the Mighty Arms of our Holy Comforter.
Scouts Out!!

ussfa344 01-30-2010 03:54 PM

It was 41 years ago today that for the first time in my young life, someone I knew died in Viet Nam. SP4 James E. Reeder was a commo man at A-343 Duc Phong, one of our sister camps. I had been A-344 Bunard for eleven days. Jim died due to an accidental discharge of a shotgun. I believe that when Jim first got to B-34, our next higher headquarters, he was briefed on the procedures for our AO by another member of this forum, Mike Parks from A-341 Bu Dop -- known to y'all as Farmboy.

Jim's death drove home to this then 19 year-old the reality of how fragile our existence was in Viet Nam. I am sad to say, Jim was not the last of those I new that died during my brief time there. Eight of my classmates from my SF Phase II class also died in Viet Nam.

RIP Jim, Bill, Richard and all of our brothers that have answered the call, and now stand for the final formation.

Robert

MORTARDUDE 01-30-2010 10:41 PM

Rest in Peace Brothers.

May God Bless,

Larry