The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Posts (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   First Memories (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32999)

Dragon Lady 01-29-2004 10:10 AM

First Memories

Okay, think way...way back to when you were a little kid.

What is the first song (not nursery rhymes) that you can remember hearing either on the radio or the record player?

For me it was, "There's a Kind of Hush"

Everytime I hear it or think about it, I just remember my oldest sister Deb coming down the stairs in Japan (Grand Heights Base Housing) and she was all dressed up for the prom. She was so beautiful with her waist long brown hair, tan skin, and huge brown eyes. I was 4 or 5 years old. I still love that old song!

DL

39mto39g 01-29-2004 10:25 AM

song

Well, let me see, Peggy Sue. Maybe. Im sure I heard music before that but not my kind of music.

Ron

revwardoc 01-29-2004 12:25 PM

My old man was (still is) a Connie Francis fan and had (has) several of her LP's. His favorite song was La Mamma (My Mother). I can hear it now...and my mother telling him to turn it down!

Seascamp 01-29-2004 12:36 PM

Hmmmm............

.......I?m sure there were others but one jumps out as ?I?m it? and was, ?Wabash Cannonball?. ?Listen to the rumble, listen to the roar??.etc.? kind of got my little kid ears up I think.

Scamp

reeb 01-29-2004 01:49 PM

Hound Dog !!!!!!!

enough..........

travisab1 01-29-2004 03:08 PM

"The Thing". I think Phil Harris sang it. You know, Oh...get out of here with that boom, boom boom before I call the cops. I can still hear that disk jockey saying, "send in your Idea's of what the name of the boom, boom boom should be and if you're the winner you'll receive X amount of dollars"

I forget how much they were going to pay but to my knowledge no-one ever named it.

Travis

MissleMonkey28 01-29-2004 06:19 PM

bob seager's roll me away i just can always think back to my dad playing that record and us sitting in the living room whenever he helped me study spelling.

Dragon Lady 01-29-2004 08:53 PM

Welcome aboard MissleMonkey!
You'll find that most folks around here a really superb people. Some are getting a wee bit cranky in their old age...shhh, don't tell them I said that. ;-)
Well guys it looks like Natalie is no longer the baby of the clan! We have a new kid.

Let me guess you work in a kitchen someplace? Am I close? Oh, no, that cant be it. Not with a name like that!

An AF Newbie huh? So how do you like it so far?
I loved my 10 years.
DL

DMZ-LT 01-30-2004 04:35 AM

Sink the bismark

revwardoc 01-30-2004 04:49 AM

MissleMonkey28

Can we call you MM28 for short? Welcome to a fellow zoomie! Ain't the AF grand? Except when your condemned to...er...stationed at Minot. Minot, that's an old Sioux name for "The White Man can have this dump!" How did you happen upon this particular website? Is AF Basic co-ed or still segregated by sex? What's your MOS? Ef you do not anzer ze qvestions, we haf ways of making you talk! Yavol?