The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Who REALLY won the Vietnam War (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23047)

exlrrp 07-02-2002 11:45 AM

Who REALLY won the Vietnam War

1 Attachment(s)
So many of you have emailed me to ax where i been i thought I'd show you--I was very high in the air for quite some time.
there was some dispute here when I left about people saying oher people had lost the the Vietnam War. I hope this picture ends any further doubt about who won it!

James

Happy just to be alive

39mto39g 07-02-2002 02:42 PM

James

We won. and who took the picture.

exlrrp 07-03-2002 06:38 AM

Re: James

Quote:

Originally posted by 39mto39g
We won. and who took the picture.

the ol B&C, AKA Sue--you 'member her. She went to the Philppines with her best friend ( a filpino/Am)while i was in italy.
this was taken in tahoe

exlrrp 07-03-2002 06:42 AM

self in another life

1 Attachment(s)
here's how I used to look--its been a long hard crawl up to the middle.

Andy 07-03-2002 08:42 AM

Who won

The US didn't win. I'd suggest we didn't loose, we just left, however we didn't win.
North Vietnam achieved their goals but at what a price. More than a million from the north were killed and both North and South were wrecked. Then they went on to remain an oppressed nation which is extremely poor. A draconian government so bad they had those Boat People leaving in droves. If a nation is a gathering of peoples, they sure didn't win.
During the war a lot of contracts were given by the US to Japan. Their economy shot up, causing them to be a huge economic world power, for a few decades. Perhaps Japan won that war. Keeping in mind that war is but one of many diplomatic options.

James, I am Very disappointed in you. Expected you'd be holding on to something a lot more sultry than a book while in a hot tub. By the way, I read that book too.

Stay healthy,
Andy

son-of-a-v-vet 07-06-2002 12:18 PM

i would liketo know the name off that book so i can read it to know more about what my father and all of u went through.
if i have now right to pot at this forum please let me know and i wont anymore

Andy 07-06-2002 01:53 PM

The book

The books title is:
The Complete Idiot's Guide To The Vietnam War.
(Don't see as well as I once did but they used to pay me to notice things like that.)
In my eyes, chapter 18 says it all. It's titled: Question Authority.
Post away my young friend.

Stay healthy,
Andy

son-of-a-v-vet 07-06-2002 05:44 PM

thank you andy for the reply and thank all of you and welcome home

DMZ-LT 07-07-2002 06:56 PM

Son of

What Andy said. You have EVERY right to post here . Welcome to the neighborhood.

son-of-a-v-vet 07-07-2002 07:07 PM

thank you DMZ-LT and welcome hometo you and all my new friends