The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Update (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34350)

Dragon Lady 04-01-2004 04:53 PM

Update

First let me say thank you to everyone. Your collective hearts are indeed a refuge.

However, I found out today that my father is back in the hospital with full blown pneumonia. The tumor on his lung is only the tip of the iceberg. He has one on a lymph node in the middle of his chest and they suspect a brain tumor. The team of doctors working with him are pretty sure that the only thing that can be done at this point is quality of life treatment and not a cure. But that's okay, if its his time he'll let us know.

The tumor is starting to interfere with his memory and other functions. He forgot that I have been calling him. He called my sister and complained that I never call. He thought I was angry with him. He couldn't remember if his brother was one of his sons, his son-in-law or his brother.

Sooo, I am going to Tucson; probably this weekend.

If we can get him healthy enough we will be moving him to Seattle where he will be closer to my sister. I've already started communicating with the Puget Sound VA Cancer Clinic. There is soooo much paperwork involved in relocating a Vet Patient. Danged military and their paper work. :re:

Depending on how long this takes, I may or may not be able to catch up with Curtis & Andy before they leave for Psycho Mountain! Bummer. :y:

Sorry fellas, some stuff is more important.

But again Thank You Everyone! God Bless You All!
:a: :a: :a: :a: :a: :a: :a: :a: :a:

DL

usmcsgt65 04-01-2004 07:26 PM

My family prayers are with you.

DMZ-LT 04-02-2004 04:49 AM

Dl . Keep movin. God bless you and your family. Peace

revwardoc 04-02-2004 04:56 AM

DL,

I brought my Dad to the hospital yesterday to speak to an oncologist regarding the cancerous tumor he had removed from his colon a few weeks ago. He explained all the chemo options to Dad and told him that, by having the chemo, he would increase his chances of the cancer not returning by about 70%. Then he told him that he'd have to have daily chemo for 6 weeks, get 2 weeks off for his body to recuparate, then repeat the process...for 5 months. Dad said, "Thanks, but no thanks!" He's 87, just plain too tired, and he misses Mom too much. I guess I can't blame him. On the way back from the hospital he was very quiet then said to me, "You know what I want?" I figured he wanted to talk about final arrangements or something, but instead he said, "I want a double Whopper...with fries!" I was kinda shocked until he said, "What's it gonna do...kill me?" So we both laughed like hell and went to Burger King.

DMZ-LT 04-02-2004 05:05 AM

God bless us one and all.

MORTARDUDE 04-02-2004 05:29 AM

Prayers up for both of you !! May God grant you peace and understanding !!

Larry

Drywall 04-02-2004 07:19 AM

Tell them you love them, a lot. I never got the chance and it makes you feel empty. Prayers are with you and yours.

Keith_Hixson 04-02-2004 07:33 AM

Keep us posted

We'll be praying for you! Times like this are rough. You need all the support you can get.

Keith

Margaret Diann 04-18-2004 07:35 AM

Your dad

DL,

Hoping the best for your dad.

He does have some of the symptoms I wonder about.

SparrowHawk62 04-18-2004 07:48 AM

I'll keep your dad and yourself in my thoughts.