The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Back in Montana (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33643)

MontanaKid 02-28-2004 04:43 PM

Back in Montana

My wife of 27+ years asked me to leave last Tuesday. I decided to get to Montana as fast as I could. I'm temporarily at my sisters place in Couer d' Alene Idaho (in the panhandle) until I locate work and housing in Missoula.
So I'm back up on line. Missed you guys. It's going to be ok. The kids are grown. No estate to split up, left her the car and household goods. just mounds of bills to divide up. I'm back in God's country. I'll be a happy man.

Keith_Hixson 02-28-2004 05:17 PM

Hey Kid!

Tell Terri that Keith Hixson says Hi! We must get together and do some fly fishing. Sorry to hear about your marriage. Keeping you in our prayers.

Keith

sfc_darrel 02-28-2004 06:13 PM

Been there, done that. Sometimes it's a good idea.

Good luck it the next part of your life.

Darrel

phuloi 02-28-2004 09:23 PM

My daughter`s grandma lives in Butte,so I`m through Missoula a couple of times a year.Send a phone # when you get settled..mabe we can meet for lunch or something.

MORTARDUDE 02-28-2004 11:17 PM

Wishing you all the best !! Glad to have you back online with us.

Larry

catman 02-29-2004 02:50 AM

Been there done that myself. Hang tough brother, it will get better. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Trav

BLUEHAWK 02-29-2004 04:32 AM

Montana -
Dang man... sure have been there and done that my own self, more than my share (apparently I failed to get the message on the first three tries :D)... so anyway, good man power strength and calm peace on your path, the new days await and are here already, new habits to create, new muscles to flex, new freedoms to enjoy, new ways of being to try... wise melancholy passing by, in eyes and hearts of all touched by the event.

I've spent A LOT of time in Montana, a lot... beautiful, wonderful, BIG, open, lean place to restore one's soul, I'd say. Cannot hardly imagine a better refuge to have gone to.

Salute!

revwardoc 02-29-2004 08:20 AM

MontanaKid,

I've been there, too, and it took me awhile to get over it. I even had to see a therpist, which turned out to be a good thing since I discovered why I was attracted to such women. Since then, I've made it a point to think with the brain in my head instead of the other one. Today, I'm approaching my 17th anniversary (in May) and I'm married to the best woman in the world (sorry guys, she's taken!).

frisco-kid 02-29-2004 09:03 AM

Doc Alan

I'm glad you found your way back over here. Like I said over on the WAR board, just PM me when you get settled and I'll make an effort to hook up with you the next time we're up in the Inland Empire. All of our thoughts and good wishes are with you, Doc.

1CAVCCO15MED 02-29-2004 03:01 PM

Hang loose, Bud. You are among friends.