The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Introducing Myself (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36278)

trina63 09-15-2004 01:32 PM

Introducing Myself

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone since I'm new. My name is Trina...married...two sons....daughter of Air Force man...sister of Army man. My dad served during Vietnam, but not IN Vietnam. My brother served during and IN the Gulf War (1990-1991).

Interesting Fact: My brother's wife was pregnant with their first son while my brother was in the Gulf. She developed complications, so the Red Cross sent for my brother and had him flown home. He arrived on Saturday, March 16, 1991 and his son was born Sunday, March 17. Pretty amazing. When he arrived at the airport in his desert fatigues, as he was walking up the ramp, his daughter ran out to meet him (against the rules)...but everyone started cheering! As we made our way out to the car, there were many people who stopped him, shook his hand, and said "Thank You." God bless America!!! I remember thinking, "I wish everyone who returned from serving his/her country could have had such a welcome."

Another amazing thing is that he came from halfway around the world and made it to see his son born. Less than two months later, I gave birth to a son as well. My ex-husband didn't make it from 50 miles away! Ok, so I didn't really have to throw that in.

1CAVCCO15MED 09-15-2004 01:55 PM

Welcome, Trina. I think you'll learn one mans daughter is every mans daughter around here.

Bill Farnie 09-15-2004 02:35 PM

Welcome Trina.....Wonderful story about your brother and the birth of his son.

chilidog 09-15-2004 02:54 PM

Hi Trina,
Welcome aboard. There's good people around here; you'll like it.

Chilidog

b3196 09-15-2004 02:59 PM

Welcome aboard Trina and defintely a good story. I must warn you that sometimes these other guys get carried away with their posts. Especially if you see any from DMZ-LT.....He's not wrapped to tightly. Im the conservative one here!!!!
Bob K

trina63 09-15-2004 03:16 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm conservative, too - but not easily offended. Some of the people I admire most are (or have been) in the military - can't be all bad...although I've noticedthere are some rotten eggs anywhere you go!:)

I do feel a need here to point out that the one human I admire most of all was never in the military, but he happens to be a man. Do you have a few hours, so I can tell you about him? Just kidding. My husband is the most wonderful man living today!!!

frisco-kid 09-15-2004 03:42 PM

WELCOME

to the site, Trina. Great story. My son was born while I was on my second tour in VN. He was 3mos. old by the time I got to meet him, though. I'm glad it worked out good for your brother and sister-in-law. Tell him "Welcome Home" for us. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards.

David 09-15-2004 03:56 PM

Welcome to the site Trina :)

Keith_Hixson 09-15-2004 04:42 PM

Welcome

Glad to have you on board.

Keith Hixson

Jerry D 09-15-2004 11:20 PM

Welcome, Trina. :ae:

Jerry