The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vietnam (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wannabees (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111601)

jntobin 10-03-2009 10:16 AM

Wannabees

I have received some disturbing information from many associates and former team members about this site covering for a poser named Herndon, it seems they would rather insult true SF soldiers than examine one whose qualifications are suspect, at best. So far a DSC winner, several Silver Star winners, and a gaggle of RVN Vets have been insulted and dropped from this list being called names. Check my profile, it can be verified thru Steve Shermans Mike Force and SF rosters, and on the MIKEFORCEASSOC.org home page. I also appear on the History Channel Special "The Complete History of the Green Berets" though I was a LTC then. You can also Google and find my staff and I with Rush Limbaugh in Kabul, Afghanistan (my name tape, branch, rank and insignia can easily be seen. And finally, I am mention multiple times in the book "Mike Force" by LTC (R) Lewis H. "Bucky" Burruss, my picture is on the inside back flyleaf with three other MF troops. You can also check articles I have written for various military publications. I would suggest that if you are truly combat veterans, you will stop insulting men that paid their dues and walked the walk. Now if you are wanabees, I, like most of my compadres will be banned from this list, I will be heart broken, of course. If you are soldiers, you will apoligize to those you have insulted, and welcome to participate.

Your call, I don't care

John N. "Jack" Tobin
COL (R) Special Forces

By the way, talked with Ola Mize, former commander B-36, III Corps Mike Force, Long Hai, RVN, and he nor any of his gang remember anyone running secret reconnaissance from that base. Most of the surviving members of all the Mike Forces are in the Mike Force Association. Easy to check things that way.

David 10-03-2009 10:27 AM

I believe you will need to read the post that started this problem. A simple question was asked of Farmboy and his response was disrespectful at best.

SEATJERKER 10-03-2009 10:29 AM

Col,...

...I have met Sid many times over the years, the 'poser' as you make reference, I have seen his OCS yearbook, his camp, his wife, his friends, etc, I know his son Phillip who is as at least an 19-20 year Veteran now, EOD,...

...If, and I say IF you guys are who you say you are "Welcome Home", and hit the other forum at an apointed time, and get all of you jack jaws get together, and settle this, either here, there, or land line, simple enough,...

jntobin 10-03-2009 11:13 AM

wanabees

IF my foot, every man from the SFlist that was tossed by whoever runs this shooting match, is a vetted member of SF, end of sentence. We don't look at yearbooks, camp pictures, or discuss secret handshakes, or who can sing Kumbaya. Every man, I say again, every man, is vetted by someone that knows and can verify him. The list was started, twelve years ago by six of us, all active or retired SF officers or SGMs, we had the ability to verify every applicant since, can you say the same.

We have had three founding members of SFOD-D, two former commanders of MACV-SOG, four group commanders, and more CSMs and SGMs that I care to enumerate.

We enjoy finding and exposing wanabees, and have used the FOIA, to not only bring these fakirs to the attention of the SF community, but also to the authorities under the "Stolen Valor" act. We have had success in many parts of the country, actually providing the information that was used to prosecute the phonies to the extent of the law.

The only reason I posted my bonifides, was to ensure that there is no question who I am, and what I have done.

The claims made by your boy, are a little dicey, he may want to re-think his committment and apologize to those that have been insulted. Just a suggestion,

tobin

WateringHole 10-03-2009 11:20 AM

jntobin.......If you and your gang of "whatever" are really bona fied former Green Berets, than why in the world are all of you trying so desperately to convince everyone over here that you fellas are the real McCoy ? Anyone who was a Green Beret don't have to prove anything to anyone.
I believe none of you characters are able to accept the fact you couldn't pull anything on us that we would fall for. All I have to say is "get over it and move on with your life". That is. if you still have one.

David 10-03-2009 11:21 AM

A forum post does not verify who you are, nor by extension, who you say these other people are.

jntobin 10-03-2009 11:31 AM

Proof

To David and Watering Hole, I am not trying to convince anyone, I just don't like my friends attacked and defiled. So I have the solution, put your money where your very loud mouths are. If I am not who I stated I am, I will write a check to your favorite charity for a thousand dollars, now if I am who I represent myself to be, in the message I posted and the information in my profile, then you each write one to the SF Association Scholarship Fund for a like amount.

Your call. or just ban me for life and confirm my already low opinion.

tobin

ranger175 10-03-2009 12:13 PM

Why don't all you folks have some kind of sit down in person? Like at the GB Club on Ft Bragg or something. Then it could be settled. Seems a little foolish to sit here and bicker over electrons. But don't get me wrong it is kind of fun to read all of your post on here. And I honestly DO tip my hat to every Veteran out there.

David 10-03-2009 12:27 PM

He wasn't attacked. He was asked a question and he attacked. I am getting very tired of you and your organizations tactics. I think you bring dishonor upon your names by backing someone who was in the wrong to begin with. This is not even a discussion. He stepped into our house, was asked a question and then ran off at the mouth in reply. I don't care who he has backing him up, he was in the wrong, just like you are in the wrong to come here and completely ignore the facts.

Let's just consider for one moment you are actually who you say you are. Well ok, first off I would expect a much higher level of professionalism from such a person. Second I would expect them, with their years of leadership experience in high stress situations, to be able to diffuse the situation back channel, not throw more fuel on the fire. Third I would expect them to at least have an unbiased view of the situation.

You have displayed non of the characteristics mentioned above. I may not have been "SF" as you claim to be but I can tell you this, my family has served in every major conflict this country has had at least back to the Civil War (I have the discharge papers) and I was raised by a career military man to go on and serve in the first Gulf War myself. Do you get what I am saying here? I have a very acute and very personal understanding of military bearing and neither you, nor your friends have shown any in this situation. I could care less what other members of this site have said to you, you came here looking for a fight and you got one. I suggest you pack your AB bags and head home before this gets worse. Unless, of course, you can recover your military bearing, get your troops under control, and meet this situation as a man of your experience should have from the beginning.

ranger175 10-03-2009 12:37 PM

Well I tip my hat to you Mr David for being in the first Grand Prix in the Desert. Kuwait is a crappy place to sit around in now so I can only imagine how it was back then sitting around. I take it you served with the Cav then? So where you at Hood or Bliss? I personally can't stand Hood or the Killeen area. Why did you only do four years though?