The Patriot Files Forums

The Patriot Files Forums (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   New Member- 1st Post (http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41460)

03Fox2/1 01-14-2006 05:56 PM

New Member- 1st Post

Hello David, Thanks for your assistance with my registration difficulties. Now I need to get a handle on all of these symbols and rules, as you can see, I barely get by on the old computer. This site was recommended to me by a fellow veteran on the history channel.com, Vietnam War site. His handle is MontanaKid and he knows from my previous posts how disappointed I was in some of the disrespect shown to veterans of the Vietnam War on that site. There is a small number of people who pretend to be veterans and who actually give false stories about their service and the service of others. I realize that we are all only who we say we are, until proven otherwise, but I never thought anyone would show such disrespect for my memories that I finally decided to share with strangers. It was difficult to open up and now it seems that I have possibly erred in my judgment. Anyway, I will read and absorb some of the posts or threads on here and perhaps I will contribute something worthwhile. I really hope there is some type of spell check on this site, I admit I need it often. I am the son of a Marine, who was a veteran of Iwo Jima and Korea, both Inchon and Chosin and a tour in my war, in 1967. I myself served in Vietnam as a Marine in 1968-69 and attained the lofty rank of Corporal, squad leader. I served with 2nd Platoon, Fox Company, 2/1 Marines as a 0311 rifleman. Before rotating home I was wounded, 6-21-69, and I took part in Operation Pipestone Canyon and Durham Peak. I am a retired Firefighter-Captain. Semper Fi

SEATJERKER 01-14-2006 05:59 PM

03mFox

..."Welcome Home", and welcome aboard,...

...Watch out for Bob,...

...Hide your animals, and wading boots,...

Advisor 01-14-2006 06:19 PM

03mFox
Welcome aboard. Won't find the wannabe's here. For some reason they don't come here.
Welcome home bro

Advisor
Vietnam 70-71

Bill Farnie 01-14-2006 06:44 PM

03mFox ... Glad you made it here. You will fit right in. PF's a great place although there are a few you have to watch out for who are notorious for high jacking a thread.

Bill aka Frisbee on THC

03Fox2/1 01-14-2006 07:53 PM

Thanks Bill, I will eventually figure this system out. Explain the Currahee to me please. Semper Fi, Scott

Tina 01-14-2006 08:07 PM

03mfox

Welcome to pf its a great place.. there are many GREAT guys and gals here..

McGuire, Wm. G. 01-14-2006 08:10 PM

Thanks for your families service Marine.. Welcome to the Patriot Files.. I hope you enjoy here. I do, but I dont get by here as much as I should.. Hpe to see you around here sometimes..

Wild Bill..

03Fox2/1 01-14-2006 08:11 PM

Thank you for your kind words, I believe I may have found a home away from home. Semper Fi to my brothers on and off the WALL. Scott

Bill Farnie 01-14-2006 08:21 PM

Scott,

Currahee is the American aboriginal Cherokee Indian equivalent for Stands Alone and is the motto of the 506th Infantry adopted by the regiment before it's activation into the 101st Airborne Division during WW II

BTW .... I sent you a private message with a question of my own

David 01-15-2006 02:34 AM

Welcome to the site, glad to have you here :)