Thread: Chu Lai
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 03:52 AM

James, when you mentioned two men drowning in a river, it rang a bell. In late 67 we were resupplying 1/327 (I think) around Tam Ky. Their bn cp was on a ridge line. At one point we were asked to resupply ammo to Tiger located at the bottom of the ridge along a river. We hovered over the grass and kicked out the bullets. When we got back to the ridge we learned that they had been making bets on whether we would get driven off by sa fire or shot down. Seems that for a couple of days aircraft had not been able to get in to Tiger. They also asked us about sling loading two rubber rafts in so they could cross a river where they had lost a couple of men drowned. We couldn't do it. In the chow line I ran into a guy who had been in the next bunk in the hospital at Cam Rahn Bay. He was missing some teeth, easy to recognize.

I experienced my most embarrising moment ever at Tam Ky in early 68, I'll post it.

Rotor
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote