View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 11:28 AM

Poncho--

Listen to Hal: Not that you couldn't handle it, but you haven't seen Twisted Sisters Lane yet. The road up Psyco Mtn lives up to it's name.

I could make it, but then again I could just about carry my bike up it.

As for new bike, I'll probably go metric. But should I go Harley, it'll probably be the Super Glide Sport-- love the matte black pkg., it fits me perfectly- no lowering necessary, and I had an orgasm on one at Killer Creek H-D with the bike standing still. I can only imagine what jollies I'd get going down the road on it. I used to sneak off on an ex's FXRS when he'd stay out all night on me. Wasn't a bad trade in my estimation.

Helen, ah my beloved Helen! I worked at Wizard's Roadhaus the summer of 2000, also worked at Unicoi State Park. Went to work at Tee Time in May, 2001-- was there on and off until they closed in December '02.

Where do y'all hang out?

As for accomodations, just ran across Chalet Kristy's brochure. They have cabins with hot tubs, etc., and are usually reasonably priced.

However, when I'm flying solo (which is most of the time), I stay in one of the loft rooms (#11) at the Hofbrauhaus. The owner's a pal of mine, and I flirt in German, so he gives me a good rate. Plus, there's a restaurant/bar downstairs.

There's a bunch of places to stay up along Ridge Rd. and out toward Unicoi. Don't know if any of them have telephone numbers yet, let alone websites. Guess I'll have to get you the info the old fashioned way-- should I do it in one trip or space it out over several weekends, hmmmm??? Laprade's up on Lake Burton is relatively nice, cheap, secluded and includes 3 damned fine meals a day. Last year I believe it was $45 per person per day. They might actually have a website, too!

So find a truck, find a trailer, and bring your a$$ and bike on up here. No sense ARRIVING with the monkeybutt. And it's a terrific ride across GA 60 & 180 over to Helen from the Mtn.

Last one to the Southside's a rotten egg!!!

Love & Kisses,
Gracie

PS, So who you slummin' around Gwinnett County with? Did they take you to the Zoo Tavern?