View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 04:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Now comes then the irony of it all, good grief Pvt. Brown. El Maximo hombre Fox deferred signing a dope legalization bill in Mexico. The pro-legal dope demonstrators in Mexico City came to be muy PO?d and blamed the US for pressuring Fox and thus violating Mexican ?sovereignty?. Say what? No doubt there was some cross-border arm twisting going on but when was the last time Fox did anything but flash the ?up yours Gringo? international signal. ?Never? comes to mind, but maybe I missed some irrelevant transaction like a US host BBQ.

Now then what did I miss? The most plentiful and popular critter in Mexico is ?La Cucaracha? and a little ?mordida? solves any dope ?violation? issues with the badge-wearing banditos and thugs. Sometimes I think paying off the Cops is the Mexican national pastime, alas, legal or not legal is only a handful of Pesos away.

Horns of a dilemma: The Mexican Government is so corrupt and protectionist that they have disenfranchised millions of their own, become totally non-competitive in the global market place, build little or no infrastructure for an expanding population, and point their unwanted, excess, population North as a matter of policy.

The USA is more or less an over pressure steam boiler release valve. Bottle up the border and no doubt there will be Mexican revolution, again. People without hope or a way out do revolution things and have been doing revolution things in Mexico since 1805, over and over again. But at the end of the bloodshed ?for the people?, corruption rules once again and it becomes ?forget the people?, over and over again, status quo. Sometimes I think they are trying to one-up Fidel and Cuban corruption, but they have to really go some to match that act.

Interesting stat; The Mexican GNP exceeds that of the Russian Federation and has nearly three times the per capita income as the Russian Federation. Given half a chance, I?m sure quite a number of Russians would haul buns out of Russia, but quite frankly, I didn?t see the filth and hopeless grinding poverty in Russia that seems to plague Mexico.
Russia has old stuff, worn out stuff and mightily sloppily built stuff that plagues them, plus they got a ton of corruption working as well; old Red habits die hard I reckon. But they seem to perk along and not flush out unwanted population for someone else to look after.

Scamp