View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Friggin' wannabees

CIB's can be awarded to non infantry MOS types, under certain conditions.

1. Must be serving in an infantry unit, at a rank no greater than LTC fo officers; don't know if there's a cap for EM.

2. Must be in a position normally occupied by 11B, 11C etc. MOS; i.e., can't be a cook in an infantry battalion. For example, we had Armor officers as infantry platoon leaders, and they qualified.

3. Must have been engaged in hostile activities while satisfying conditions 1 & 2. Flying over a firefight is not quite the level of activities that would satisfy #3!

4. Must have a semi-intelligent PSNCO to process the paperwork.

And all who stated that there is no such thing as a classified DD214 are right on taget!! That is the surest dead-giveaway of a wannabee, a really stupid wannabee.

I made a vow to myself, and to you other honorable veterans, that if I ever see a wannabee wearing unatuhorized medals, I will make a citizens arrest, and hold the mf until the FBI gets there. Believe me, I'm as serious as tomorrow morning's sunrise in this commitment.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote