View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 12:59 PM

Good Job - gave me a chance to reflect on my busy day. So true are things that have happen in our generation. Grandpa used to tell me when I asked him - why doesn't he ever get Grandma something for the holidays - he would tell me if she needs it she buys it. For Christmas they used to exchange fresh fruit and handmade toy's for the kids -

I miss the simple life we used to have in the late 40's and early 50's now the pace is such that I can barely keep up with it. My grandkids have so many things available that we didn't and that goes true for us when we were young. Each generation gains a little more each passing decade. I can't imagine what it will be like in 50 years? I know I won't be here but they will be and their kids - such wonder's they will encounter. I pray for a peaceful and stress free life for them - I'm getting burned out.

Thanks Gimpy - that was really good to look back on.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote