View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 09:32 AM

WH - I have to agree with that gals grandpa - I've working on many aircraft and "all" pilots want to know their fuel allowances prior to taking off. Usually given to them in pounds. Some jet aircraft I recall could get as little as 3500 pounds to as much as 52,000 pounds (for Navy re-fuelers). The rest of his take off weight was normally assigned to his ordnance loads and destination or target assignments. Too heavy and he could become a cold shot. This would also let them know how much time they would need to get in and get out. Most didn't hang around with low fuel reserves. If they had to get out of a incoming SAM and go into AB they would drain their tank pretty damn quick. F8's could be empty in about 6 minutes on a full AB push.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links