View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Gimp
He was ok up unto the point where he said "I am a Vietnam veteran" until that point only other people had said he was a VN vet not him.
I have no Idea why people claim to be a VN vet and are not, I volunteered to go to VN from Fort Benning, wish I had never done that, but to claim to have been there and was not? its the understanding part of the story I just don't get. I think Most VN Vets would look at him and just go, WTF dude. But when you run for a office that supports military people and then LIE?

I had a friend that joined the VFW the same time I did, His dad was the VFW president. He had been stationed in Thailand but not in a war zone. When the VFW rejected is application he was going to fight it. I said Dave, just what do you think VFW stands for?
There nothing wrong with being a member of the Legion, To most being a Legion Member meant you were in the Military, just not in a war.

I had a nother friend that me and him got orders to head overseas on the same day, we boarded the same aircraft from hometown heading for Chicago. His mother and my mother were friends, She called my mother and was worried about her son going to Italy? My mother , reportedly told her, Are you nuts, My son is going to the 25th inf in VN and your worried about (Dave) (different Dave) going to Italy?
Different line drawn in the life sand.

Ron