View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 11:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default Why did you go to Vietnam

I know a lot of people were drafted. But you see my uncle's friends had told him they were going to all sign up and they wanted him to go with them. So they went one day together, my uncle's friends told him to sign up first and then they would sign after him, so my uncle signed up and did whatever process you have to go through, and the rest of his friends backed out, not one of them signed up to go. So he went to Vietnam and died, having only having 585 days left to be there, he sent my grandma and grandpa a little not that said
The Soldier
Ever since I was a little boy
I wanted to be a soldier,
Being a soldier is my whole life,
I love being a soldier
I'm proud to be a soldier,
There isn't anything in this whole wide world,
That I'd rather be than a soldier
....EXPECT A CIVILIAN

Then he wrote out 585 Days and I'll be out.
I've only met one of his friends, and he holds the POW/MIA flag during the Memorial Day service at the cemetary. But the other friend ended up marrying his wife only a few months after he died. I'm very upset and angry about what happened, and I think that is why I do have friends but I'm not as attached to them as most, because I know what they are capable of. I never met his wife, but yet I don't have any desire to. Now, I am just curious about how you all got there, did you sign up or were you drafted, did you go with friends, or go it alone? Thank you for your responses.

Taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links