View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 04:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default All,...

...I have stayed out of this for the most part,...

...I work with a man who is my friend who was on the ship that fateful day, I touched on the subject briefly, and as T is a fellow PSYCOVET who quietly goes by the handle "HAMMER", we share some thoughts as Brother Veterans together, and I have no quote from him, all that needed to be said was done with a look, a look between men that said it all,...

...He did tell me that after returning to the states, of all things he ended up in a "fire traing class" and having a few hash marks so to speak, he propt his feet up on the desk, and chair next to him, and tipped his cap down, and soon after, the ? Master Chief came over, and kicked his chair to arouse him, and proceeded to ask in the line of "What's up with your posturing", and what makes you think you can disrespect this class", and T's reply was " I was on the Forestal" in which the chief told him to go back to sleep,..............

...To be here with everyone to this day is a blessing, and consideration should be extended to all here regardless of differences of opinions,...

...I find Covan to be very well spoken, and heartfelt about his convictions, and just the fact that he is out there expressing his perceptions to the younger generation so that no matter what, THEY WILL NOT FORGET, and that someday, that younger generation will want to know the facts, and the truths surrounding the Vietnam War, they are not stupid college kids, they are the future is which we're trying to save from repeating the some of the same mistakes prior leaders made, and keeping ths Nation the greatest in the world,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote