View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Thanks, Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post
I will totally support our men and women in uniform. I will not protest this war, since the leaders of this nation sent our men and women in harms way. I will thank the men and women who served in this war, and will give them the honor and respect they deserve.
We appreciate all the support and thanks we receive although it can catch us off-guard when someone approaches us and says it. I've been approached at home when I go out in uniform. The first time was in a fast-food restaurant by a little old woman who didn't get to the counter in time to try to buy my lunch for me. She had walked all the way up there from the back of the room to show me her appreciation. When I thanked her and told her I already paid she asked, "Then how about a hug?" I bent down and received a hug and a kiss on the cheek from a woman I had never met. She told me that she had brothers, children and grandchildren who had been in the service, and she just wanted to say thanks. I didn't know what to say.

Quote:
Now the same leaders of this nation are trying to cut and run out of this war. Seems like no one learns lessons. Will there be another wall with names on it before they understand what they have done. Why can't the policticans who sent these brave servicemen and women to war have the guts to finish what they started.
The "leaders" of this nation are elected into office. Their position on issues change all the time to try to match whatever the polls are telling them the people want so that they will stil have a job after the next election. I don't trust any of them, but I do what I'm told.

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote