View Single Post
Old 12-18-2002, 11:53 AM

BillD,

Not quite! You've hit the nail on the head. But the resolve is still out for discussion. I too a VN Vet 67-75 and I enlisted. I like thousands of other's have never taken drugs.

I agree with your weekend warrior coments and we too had that type of siutation in 65 when the draft was really sucking them in.
Some of my best fights came with drafties who were in it for schooling money and a few bucks but not for any war. Weren't they surprised!!

Love yoru parasitic comment. I've been really against lobbiest for a long time. Issues and money talk - politicians listen and pocket the money they have for years. Power is what they want. I'm sure they don't have to put in 20 years to get a nice pension out of the system.

I've never regretted joining up and wish I'd completed my 20. I know things are much better for the troops then when I got $36 every two weeks as a boot! Now that was lean pickens back then. Cheap wine and six pack and that's all you needed to loose time. I repeat no regrets on my enlistment.

I enjoyed your comments they hit the mark real good.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links