View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 04:34 PM

Wink A serious word from Janie

An Eye Opener

In March of 2002, I suffered two major heart attacks within 12 hours. During the second one, I died. Because of modern medicine, and it not being my time, I was brought back. My life has been a struggle with the return, and the complete change to my life since then.

In August, I was given the diagnosis of congestive cardiomyopathy. I was told I was in heart failure. I was told I had an aneurysm in the heart wall below all the damaged muscle. In easier words, I am a walking time bomb.

I spend each day being grateful for that day, but sometimes-battling depression in the only way I know how. With humor. Twisted, as it may seem at times, it helps, and has always been a part of my personality.

This past Friday, I was taken to the hospital via ambulance. I spent 2 days in CICU and then one in a regular cardiac unit before I could go home. I was the youngest person there. In the emergency room the jokes were flying about my wake, and what would be done with my house. As wild as the jokes got, it still brought home to me again that my time is not unlimited.

I have asked Jeff, and he has honored me by accepting my trust, to let you know in the event of anything happening.
Sponsored Links