Thread: Help wanted
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 06:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to littledickens1

As Stick's daughter, the man he is speaking of is my husband. I have not now, nor have I ever thought of this man as useless, or worthless. However, the past few years of our marriage, I have felt like I am all alone. He no longer participates with our family and there is no communication between us at all. My husband is a wonderful man with the potential to be a wonderful father and husband. However, he locks himself up in his depression/PTSD and forgets that there is a world around him. I do not now, nor will I probably ever know what he went through in the marines, he is afraid to tell anyone due to his security clearance. After years of living with him and being alone, I have decided that if things can't change in our marriage, it is time for me to move on with my life. This decision was a long time coming and not one that I take lightly as I am afriad of what he will do to himself when we are gone. After being together for six years, he has no real relationship with my children and I don't want to teach them that this is what a marriage is supposed to be. Any help you can give me to get him out of his shell and possibly save this marriage will be greatly appreciated.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote