View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up East Coast After Action Report

The campsites were secured on 5-16 and the Welcome - Psycho Vets banner was hung between two trees; causing strange looks from other campers. Troops began arriving early Friday. Had about 8 full time campers and probably visits from 23 other vets, one from WWII. Doc Fred and his puppy "grunt" showed from TN and xgrunt 71 and his fine looking Harley came from AL. Two women motorcycle vet groupies showed and were treated very well.( I am coming back as a good lookin woman next time !)Amazed me how friendly and comfortable we all were with each other. There is a true bond between the brothers. Gimps tenderloin was wonderful even if it looked like a pride of lions pouncing on a downed zebra- I think someone was bitten. Sid took some digital pictures and I will send them to someone who knows how to post them after I get them. The call to the West Coast campout Saturday night was magic. Sorry I got a little emotional. Sis your voice sounds like your 16 years old. David and Bern THANK YOU for this site. There is a bond between all of us of respect and joy. Thank all of you. Welcome Home !!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links