View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 12:55 AM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Morning' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Ya better get some! Yeah I know I'm a little late, but I been watchin' that firefight on TV. Compelling, but makes me wonder, too. Paper'll be her directly! we'll see what else is goin' on today!

I've been runnin' into a problem lately. Gettin' older. I've been noticin' it fer a couple years now, but it's really startin' to get on my nerves. I can't do what I used to. Now I'm busted up around the edges, but age is definitely a factor! Ya gotta accept yer limitations and figure ways to work around them, but it still aggravates me. It's hard to accept. Now I ain't got any solutions to this one. I haven't really been through it before. Just makin' adjustments the last couple years is all. Workin' around things best I know how. Now most times, that's about all ya can do, I reckon. Now I wasn't busted up very much at first, years ago, but it seems that doc was right, " It'll build up on ya." Who'd a thought one of those college boys knew what the hell he was talking about anyway! LOL.

Well, I've found different interests over the years. Mostly just started havin' some time for doin' stuff I was always kinda curious about. Readin' about stuff. Researching things here and there. Kinda eclectic and random in content, maybe, but still things I was curious about. One thing that's gotten to interest me is the government and the way it operates. I'm still readin' here and there about that one. If I ever get it figgered out, I'll let ya know!

Another has been people. They're aggravatin', and surprisingly indescribable in the things they're capable of doin'. Both good and bad. Tryin' to learn more about folk's motivations or possible motivations in doin' what they do and why....I've been studyin' that one a number of years now. I'm surprised by them every day. Thing is, I'm a people,too. I kinda surprise myself now and then, too. That ain't always comfortable. LOL.

One thing that's been interestin' has been science fiction. I kinda like it. Most of what's written anymore is written by folks who're on the leading edge of their professions. Physicists, astronomers, sociologists, and all sorts of other scientists. Some is written by military folks. They call it military science fiction. Pretty much workin' out strategy and tactics for war in the future, really. Most are just lookin' at the potential effects of technology on the future. Kinda interesting to me.

I've gotten to like the computer. The Ol Lady says I like it too much. That's ok. (I ain't goin' there, though! ) the computer has become like havin' the biggest reference library in the world at yer hands. I go to some weird places sometimes, but that's yet again another story! Hell, I learn as much by accident as I do on purpose surfin' the net! LOL.

I've been doin' a bit of gardenin' here and there, but it looks ike I might have to give that up directly. We'll see what this summer brings. LOL. In some ways. I'm just gettin' lazy.

One thing noticeable the last few years is that doin' fer other folks has gotten to be more satisfyin'. Not the same as hangin' by yer fingertips from a thousand foot cliff maybe, but still, it ain't all that bad. As long as I can find some sort of minor challenge to keep me offa the street and outta trouble, I might be able to get along.

Find somethin' to keep ya interested, folks. Find somethin' that satisfies ya. That somethin' will complete ya. It'll give ya some measure of peace inside. Ultimately, this is what we're all after. A little peace. Might be one way of gettin' there maybe. In the meantime....

...warm up yer coffee. It's Sunday. We got all day to get 'er sorted out.