Thread: 10 POW's
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2003, 09:37 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sis...I can only speak for myself. The media coverage is a true two sided sword.

I think that they could be more sympathetic to the families that have lost loved ones, the father on national tv showing pictures of his dead son. I am quite sure that he felt this at first and later on he would realize that it was his son's choice to join and he died doing what he was trained to do and died for a cause greater than himself. God cares for the liberators of the oppressed. Now with his new found fame the reporters and antiwar types will hound this guy relentlessly and the seed of contempt have been firmly planted and will grow and grow. The entire family will take up signs and travel the country speaking for the antiwar movement.

As a veteran unable to be there, I can not turn the tv off. I have slept very little and found myself channel surfing for the latest news. I have all the leading news sites from the US, England and Russia bookmarked. I have several different maps that I can reference at a glance. This is my first tv war that I am not a part of and am very unsure how to act. I was but a wee lad during Vietnam and Dad was stationed in Germany during the early 70's so all we heard was Armed Forces Radio and not much else.

I guess that i am quite the hypocrite as I feel as though I can not get enough news while at the same time think that the general public does not have the need to know.

As for the PTSD, I have not had any trouble since the war began. The days leading up to the fighting were very tough. Wife even told me that I am doing much better.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote