View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 05:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile PLEIKU

We spent the night in Ban Me Thuot and tonight we are in Pleiku. The people here are very friendly, not like Saigon. Everyone waves from their homes, children come up to you and smile and ask our names and where are we from. Had dinner at a hole in the wall place and visited with the Taiwanese soccer team. Again, very friendly. At one store one man remarked how large Tom and I are. Then he said "tall". I guess on their standards I would be tall (5'4").

Tomorrow we are leaving for Qui Nhon then Nha Trang for 2 days on the beach. Tom and James said this will be the in country R&R they never got. From a wives point of view, I am glad I came to see the country and to understand a little bit more what Tom and James did here and went through. I am very proud of you all!!!!

Thank goodness I haven't seen anyone that looks like Tom however a toothless, older woman did approach him in Saigon and possibly had a look of recognition on her face.

Ok, we must go now. Tom and I just wanted to check in and say all is well and having a great time. Talk again in a couple days.

Kath (Ms. Frisco-Kid)

PS to Larry - The hat is a green baseball cap with a patch that says "Ho Chi Minh City" across the top and "The Tunnels of Cu Chi" on the bottom, and a picture of a soldier crawling through the tunnels. It's pretty cool actually.