View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 12:40 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs down Doc2/47

More reason to disrespect our weapons laws. Two years ago another additional law was passed regarding weapons permits. Anyone who was ever convicted of domestic violence (even before it was called that) has no right to keep and bare arms.
A friend of mine who was a guard at a jail for 25 years and a real hunter just lost his weapons license and had to dispose of his weapons. When he was 20 he had a wife who liked sex, a lot. It wasn't cock-a-do-dal-do, it was any-cock-will-do. He caught her satisfying her urges, beat up the guy and punched her in the mouth. He was arrested for assault and battery on his wife. He did a guilty plea, paid a fine and filed for divorce. 30 years later, he got a call from the PD saying, come to the station with all your weapons and permits.
This retroactive law is being fought in the courts but so far has not been overturned.
There are another set of laws that I hate. In Cleveland (for example) they have a law that says if a cop smells liquor on your breath he can issue a $50. ticket. It's not driving under the influence, just he can smell liquor - as in one drink. However in several other states this counts as a prior conviction for operating under. In many states, mine included, a second offense is mandatory jail. Of course most people do not realize a violation of a city ordinance which only requires the payment of a small fine is a "prior conviction". Yes drinking and driving is a bad thing, so is hitting your wife but I'd think there would be a lot more trials if people knew what sort of consequences there are.
Sorry, I know this is off the subject.
Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote