View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 08:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Foot is in the Door

Sometimes a frontal attack is not viewed as the most likely to succeed method for mission accomplishment, so a different offensive tactic is employed. (Used this technique several times myself: when in doubt, flank the bastards!) What I'm obliquely referring to is the presence of Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) that is now law, (PL107-314) and for which claims are being processed. Admittedly, this is not what the proponents of Concurrent Receipt had in mind, but it is a magnificient first step in correcting an egregious wrong that has existed long enough to apply universal blame and culpability. Under this law, irrespective of the administrative hoops we are asked to perform (again), some claims will be paid, resulting in the exact equivalent of concurrent receipt payments to the approvees. I wholeheartedly agree that more needs to get done, and would recommend that all service organizations band together to help the legislative dullards to get off their dead asses on on their dying feet to make this happen. Playing the blame game is actually counter-productive, and a positive approach will result in the benefits we have long deserved.

On a personal note, I have submitted my paperwork for CRSC, am happy that at least this portion of proper and fair recognition is a fact, and will report any progress, one way or the other. We can continue to whine and carp, or we can lobby to expand CRSC in a unified approach, and ultimately receive the fruits of our labors, long overdue.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote