Thread: Sin Loi
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2003, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Onesix

I would never be the one to say it didn't happen, and if you say it did, it did. But....I could bring you 50 of my patients that would say otherwise. He could have been overwhelmed when you called, who knows.....we both were totally overwhelmed at the time. Just one example is when my dear friend Cosmo died from AO related cancer. Once it was finally approved by the VA they sent his widow a huge check. It turned out that they had grossly overpaid her. When they tried to get the money back she and I called Jim immediately. That day we had an answer....he had got the VA to eat the mistake and she and the children were able to keep the money. The DAV in Winston does (did?) a great job and they had my POA until recently. I am now with PVA because the DAV office in Columbia is the worst I've ever seen. I am still a Life Member of the DAV, even though I wouldn't let that office tie my shoe. I think maybe Jim was having a bad day when you called. I would stand up and appologize for that man anyday. Glad you've had good luck with the Winston DAV office and hope they are still doing a great job. Is that dork Michael Hauser still at the Vet Center in GSO? He wouldn't know a Vietnam Vet from a hunk of cheese. He saw more wannabee's than anyone in Vet Center history and could never figure it out.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote