View Single Post
Old 06-17-2002, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Quotable Marine Quotes

"It's a funny thing, but, as years go by, I think you appreciate more and more what a great thing it was to be a United States Marine... I am a U.S. Marine and I'll be one till I die."
- Ted Williams, Baseball Hall of Famer

I earned my stripes as a Marine, and the Corps gets full credit for straightening me out. At 17, I was young, I was unhappy, and most of all, I was undisciplined. The Marine Corps was the right service in the right place at the right time."
- Art Buchwald, prize-winning syndicated columnist and humorist

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference, and our Marines don't have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan, 1985

The American Marines have it [pride], and benefit from it. They are tough, cocky, sure of themselves and their buddies. They can fight and they know it."
- General Mark Clark, U.S. Army

"There was always talk of espirit de corps, of being gung ho, and that must have been a part of it. Better, tougher training, more marksmanship on the firing range, the instant obedience to orders seared into men in boot camp..."
- James Brady, columnist, novelist, and television personality

"I am convinced that there is no smarter, handier, or more adaptable body of troops in the world."
- Prime Minister of Britain Winston Churchhill

Here are a few Marine Quotes....Post some of yours.......

Sempers

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links