View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 04:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool More Quotes

The Marine Corps taught me that I could achieve my goals. In short, the Marines made me believe in myself."
- Gregory Alan-Williams, award winning actor and author

"Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary."
- General A.M. Gray, USMC

Fine! We have contact with the enemy on all sides!"
- Col Chesty Puller, when asked how he was doing during the battle out of the Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"Today, the world looks to America for leadership. And America looks to its Corps of Marines."
- Commander-in-Chief President Ronald Reagan

"Lying offshore, ready to act, the presence of ships and Marines sometimes means much more than just having air power or ship's fire, when it comes to deterring a crisis. And the ships and Marines may not have to do anything but lie offshore. It is hard to lie offshore with a C-141 or C-130 full of airborne troops."
- Gen. Colin L. Powell, USA

"...at all times ready and prompt in the execution of any duty."
- Col Robert E. Lee, Harper's Ferry, 1859.

"I can't say enough about the two Marine divisions. If I use words like 'brilliant,' it would really be an under description of the absolutely superb job that they did in breaching the so-called 'impenetrable barrier.' It was a classic- absolutely classic- military breaching of a very very tough minefield, barbed wire, fire trenches-type barrier."
- Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, Commander, U.S. Central Command, February 1991

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote