View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Marine
It's good you can talk civil about Marine/Army thing.
You said
"I can say that I never heard of U.S. or Korean Marines debating orders whether to take an objective they were ordered to take. They just buck up and figure out a way. There's something to be said for that."
That something would Dumb, IMO. I would like to think that the Army Infantry would give some thought to the order to take an objective, Not just rush headlong into an attack.

I have no idea about Korean units or Polish, German, or Ukrainian units, But I will say again Marine infantry units are no different than Army infantry units, They have the same guys, same training, same officers, same attitude and professionalism. Ask any Ist Cav guy who is the best, ask any 101st guy who is the best and so on. Saying that a unit is the best and actually being the best is different, even if a Marine thinks Marines are the best.
A 19 year old kid with a Marine uniform on may have had it drilled into his head that he is the best, but he is no different than a 19 year old kid with a 1st Cav Army uniform on.

Marine tactics and strategy in the past is the real difference between Army-Marines.
In all past wars when Marines met the enemy, their first reaction was Charge. When not even knowing the strength of that enemy. In the past and even now that is not real good tactic. The reason it has worked for the Marines is because of the inferior enemy.
Now if a Marine unit would try that against a well trained and well armed unit, it would result in a Marine unit being wiped out, and it wouldn't matter how good the Marines thought they were.
The United States Military is the best in the world, But no one part is any better then another part.

Jack Daniels and a Marine ego. Time to leave the bar.

Ron