View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More News!

Dad,
I appreciate you taking the effort to track down some pecans for me, turns out our S-4 likes to crack and eat pecans as well. [LT: looks like your care package will be well received!] We were talking about it the other day, taking a break from the grind, cracking some pecans and playing a game of chess.

Glad to hear they don't have to cut on you, did they prescribe some rehab exercises that you can concentrate on? Pay with pain now and receive the reward later. [Greg is referring to a recent accident I had involving my pickup truck, some downed power cables, and my right knee.] I remember the sadistic nurses at Martin Army Hospital, after I busted up leg, pushing me to near tears. Luckily Rangers don't cry, I would give the wenches the satisfaction. Must have worked, I've logged many hours under the ruck and popping silk since then. [Greg is an Airborne/Ranger/Pathfinder qualified hard-charger.]

Speaking of nurses, we had a GO pin a couple of Purple Hearts on two of soldiers yesterday. A couple of 107mm landed on their MRAP while they were in the motorpool. Both are going to make it, SGT Wild will return to duty after a couple of weeks recoup in Germany. SFC Reed, wasn't so lucky, sucking chest wound and shrapnel to the head and kidney. The tough SOB, wants to return to duty as well, prognosis is three months to recover. The additional training we put our guys through paid off. We spent a chunk of change from the DA G2 and put about 60 of our guys through NEK (run by retired SF SGMs), which include "live tissue"
training. (Think pork ribs) Needless to say, SGT Ballard training probably kept Reed alive, medivac from his local to BAF took over an hour.
Please put them and their families in your prayers. [I second that!]
Say hello and give KC a hug for me.
Love - Greg

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote