View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 07:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Packo,...

Thanks for clearin-up all that past High Finance stuff for me & us all.
Still, it is too bad that Our Glorious Rulers can't explain as well about MY/YOUR/OUR Monies, today. Besides, how can I possible know where MY Money WENT,...IF "THEY" DON'T & DON'T EVEN HAVE A CLUE??

Regardless, tell your Pappy that Neil says he likely wasn't all that wrong about your cigs were like: "Smoking Stalins Socks". They probably were.

Back in 55-56 (?) in West Germany when out our typical 3-4 day Field Junkets for destroying American Battalion or better Units (were 10th Division Aggressors/Op Forces) & Mess Hall Bivouac not available (Recon Companies or Troops must always have own cooks since necessary), each vehicle was was issued a carton/case of 5 in 1 C-Rats. Four Pltn Rifle Section APCs got 2 cartons each since had more mouths to feed.

However, and even though the selection of C-Rations were pretty-much palatable whether warmed-up riding along on my Scout Jeep manifold or instant micro-waved in one of our tank's exhausts & the vacuum packed Pound Cake was Always Outstanding,...forget about the freebe cigarettes enclosed. We're talking REAL: Hazardous Shit, here!!!

First time opened a pack of these likely 1942-43 cigs, suspected foul play. Normally brown tobacco being BLACK,...is-a-dead-giveaway. Sooooo,...used to stand up on hood (actually rolls & cargo packs) of my jeep & hawk them for: "Eina Mark" (one mark worth a quarter back then) to the Local Yokels of some little Berg.

Naturally we all: "Skipped-out-of-Dodge" before any of those Duped Nazis could open up any packs. Seemed the sensible & right thing to do? Don't you think?

Neil