View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default If I may add...

...If you remember your dad coming home from Korea, and you don't know who he is!

…you remember your Dad teaching ROTC, and you get to watch a "Sea" of "Chrome Domes" on the parade field

…you remember taking swimming lessons at the Officers pool with no heat, and your swimming instructor was an the only x Marine woman DI

…you remember your mom pulling out boxes every 2 and half years saying "We should get orders soon"

…you remember making new friend's every three years!

…you remember your mom teaching you how to throw a baseball, dad was flying somewhere

…you remember going to second grade, crying and the teacher says "leave him alone his dad just went to Vietnam"

…you remember the kid's in the second grade saying "What's a Vietnam"

…you remember your dad getting ready to go on a trip in "Dress Blues" when one of your ewe's is having a breach birth and dad takes off his coat soaps up, delivers the lamb and says "I gotta go" 45 minutes latter his T29 flies over wings wagging, all is OK

…you remember going to the base theater's on a Saturday with .50, enough to see two double features!

…you remember going to the base bowling alley and rolling 3 lines for a dollar

…you remember your dad coming back from Vietnam at Travis, to be greeted only by his wife and his kid's. No band no flag waving, just the four of you.

…you remember getting your first "kiss" in the garden area behind the officers pool

…you remember calling the Air Police "Apes"

…you remember getting out of your first ticket by simply saying "My dad the MAJOR isn't going to like this!"

…you remember driving through the gate at 16 and getting saluted!

…you remember being 6 month's away from being a "second generation" in Vietnam

Yes I remember also when "duck and cover" was much more serious than a earthquake or tornado

More recently:

...When the only time you broke down at your father's funeral was when they handed you the flag

… How the blowing of "TAPS" gives you so much closure
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote