View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 AM

Default Right hand salute to the Dirty 30

Ya know I've read many threads - but this one is really a topper. For you kids to put the pieces to gether and to find one another is a real piece of work. You should be proud of yourselves. You are now bonded and that alone makes it perfect.

Its amazing how things come together and how after all these years - something like this falls into place. I went in in 63 and got out in 75. Went to Nam in 65 and 67. I still communicate with at least 4 to 6 guys on a regular basis. Many other's we are still looking for. I can relate to your circumstances. Once stateside it seems we just blend into the backround and become just another item of lost interest to the world. But when you find those you've served with its like a homecoming.

David's web site has given many of us a the ability to keep track of those days gone by. Yet many are very current and nowledgeable with many aspects of military history. David you should be so honored for your contribution that brought so many together. This has truely been a wonderful thing that I've witnessed - and to those kids making contact like they did - will bond them together who after some time can maybe write a story about these thirty gentelmen - making the Dirty 30 a memorable reading or even a movie - ya never know.

To the contributors to this thread - I think you should take bow - and to their Father's - they must be just thrilled having the opportunity to get together with their comrads after all these years.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote