View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Neil

Neil....Neil.........there is NO "secret"-----are you really that unable to comprehend what you read? Or, did you just NOT read the entire articles in the links I provided?

Let me help you out, OK?

From link # 1

"But conservatives fear such an arrangement (the VA health care system) would be a Trojan horse, setting up an even larger national health-care program and taking more business from the private sector."

From link #2

And so it goes today. If the debate is over health-care reform, it won't be long before some free-market conservative will jump up and say that the sorry shape of the nation's veterans hospitals just proves what happens when government gets into the health-care business. And if he's a true believer, he'll then probably go on to suggest, quoting William Safire (conservative columnist) and other free marketers, that the government should just shut down the whole miserable system and provide veterans with health-care vouchers.

From link #3

''For the lesson of the V.H.A.'s success story — that a government agency can deliver better care at lower cost than the private sector — runs completely counter to the pro-privatization, anti-government conventional wisdom that dominates today's (2005) Washington."

From link #4

But it's becoming more and more "ideologically inconvenient for some (conservatives) to have such a stellar health-delivery system being run by the government," says Margaret O'Kane, president of the National Committee for Quality Assurance, which rates health plans for businesses and individuals. If VA health care continues to be the industry leader, it may become more difficult (for conservatives) to argue that the market can do better.

Now, does THAT help clarify it for you any better?

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote