View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends...

Can't argue with ANYONE about the normal political and/or American lordly greed that exists. Such seems to have been going on forever,...and has actually and factually gotten worse year after year. But, I guess that even in The Civilian World rank will always have its priviledges,...and especially when in general most everyone passively permits such arrogant lordliness to exist, and don't scream: "Bloody Murder"!!!???

Still Reeb,...I would argue the point of your referring to Social Security and Veterans Entitlements as: "Bennies". "Bennies" are monies payed-out from taxes, and from which the recipients of same usually are those NOT HAVING PAID-IN one thin dime for same.

Also, F.I.C.A. monies collected for a lifetime EQUALLY (1/2 each) from employee and employer are not taxes. Such monies are no different than any Old Age Retirement Plan or 401K entrusted to banks, investment or insurance companies. Whatever,...such monies should never be considered tax revenues, and to be played with or "Fixed" by politicos and/or perpetual mismanagers of most everything touched and/or responsible for.

As to Veterans Entitlements, and even though such no doubt come from Tax Revenues,...how-the-hell could anything PRE-PAID FOR by the blood, sweat and tears of millions ever be considered: "Bennies"??? Besides, and since ALL WAS GIVEN for Country,...shouldn't Country's debt to such ALWAYS be honored? I would certainly think so,...especially since no longer having Draftees to do the necessary dirty work and depending solely on volunteers.

Hey, and besides,...NO ex-SERVICEMAN (Woman also) should have to grovel for ANY Veteran Entitlement from those having sworn defending to the death (if need be). Nor, should any Veteran have to be a lawyer or need a lawyer,...merely to rightfully receive any Entitlements PROMISED FOR SERVICES RENDERED!!!

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote