View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 01:22 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Marines

We (I) am not going to get rid of the Marines here on this sight, or in our lifetime, But There need is not there any more, We don't charge beaches or anything else anymore. They can practice there beach asults all they want, that dosn't mean they will ever use the skill. The last real opertunity for the Marines to charge the beach was a decade ago in Kuate, And that assult was a diverson from the real assult. Just not gonnna happen.
The Marines don't do anything that a Army unit couldn't right now. The last forty years or so the Marines have not asulted any beaches, They have fought from fixed defencive possitions that any Army unit could have done the same thing,
I will have to through in an exception to what I said, although it wasn't a beach, When I seen those Marines turn and walk over the cannel bridge in the new city of Hue headed for the cididal, I was sure glade that I wasn't a Marine. And being truthfull, I don't belive there are but a handfull (small Hand) of Army units that could have done the job as well as the Marines did in Hue.
That still don't mean there needed today.

Ron