Thread: Patriotism
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 10:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dewman
Exclamation Patriotism

What ever happened to the nationalism and spirit of America? Maybe it's just me, but since 9/11, it seems as though America is slowly loosing that surge of Patriotism that errupted once again. When I go to school, I am extremely disturbed by the lack of Patriotism and the fact that most people I talk to would rather avoid the draft than to fight to save their rights and country. When I talk of joining the service, they look at me strangely, as though I were an insane person. Americans are too happy just harvesting the fruits of liberty, and are not prepared to plant it and preserve it. We are under attack, by so many enemies, yet the people of America seem to happy to just try to squeeze out as much leisure as they can before the vine of freedom and liberty dies. We need to be proud of our country and be prepared to defend it, like so many that have gone before us. Many of you reading of this are probably active or retired military, and I want to hear your opinions in particular: is America as a whole loosing its patriotism? We need to rekindle the American Spirit, to make people proud of who they are, not just temporarily, but for good. On 9/12, the neighborhood was full of flags, but now, on 7/8, there are maybe 10 total in the entire area. Unfortunatly, this seems to be the case accross the country, patriotism is dieing. To all who gave everything to save this country and its ideals, I thank you.

F22 Fighter- Everything on the F-22

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links