View Single Post
Old 11-16-2003, 08:03 PM

Excuse me....but the mixed gender for ARMY basic training was started in 1976....or so I beleive. Do know it was then that women were trained the same way. Tossing grenades, small arms, M16's etc. And the men's barracks was next door. At least where I was at....in 1976. Could be I am wrong. Didn't notice and didn't care...had more on my mind then men. Missed my children and my husband.

Armpit? Seems to me they were the first to allow married women with children to join...or so I was told when I A MARRIED WOMEN WITH TWO CHILDREN WAS IN BASIC....WENT IN WAC came out of basic Regular Army......went in to see the recruter in April of 1976. WITH my then husband by my side (he was a vietnam vet)......my children were at home being babysat by Grandma and Grandpa. Nobody in my family had a problem with my being a soldier.

Still you may be right since I got pure hell from the "a womans place is in the kitchen" sorts....still do from old timers and it appears from people who have such a bizare notion that women aren't REAL SOLDIERS (and in effect should be made to stay in the kitchen). And if they don't want to, call them unfeminine or worse.....
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote