Thread: Your Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PHO

Thanks for giving us the update on your status! Sounds like you finally got some wheels turning, albeit slowly, so progress appears to be happening for you. It astounds even the slowest of us as to how you could have AO diabetes, PTSD, and still not have any record of VN; the higher-ups must think we're all too doped up to connect the dots. Keep after the b**tards, you've got a bunch of flank and point and drag working you behalf! Lemme know if I can help.

Progress Report to All: had a quiet little chat with my "rep" at the VA Center today. Rather nonchalantly, I asked what verbal sorting process they used to pin-point wannabees. To make a long story abbreviated, I came away from his explanation, satisfied that they have a good procedure in place. I then asked him about the, how you say, squirt-gunner, that I encountered on Monday. When I described him, my rep just laughed and said, "Oh, you mean our lobby sitter?" As he was sitting in federal property, I guess just about anybody can come and go, long as they don't make too much of a nuisance of theyselves. He's not drawing any bennies, just breathing free air, mooching coffee off the MOPH booth when it's operational, and regaling the unsuspecting with his tales of daring-do-do. I plan to make an effort to find him on my next trip there, just to have some fun - and yes, I'll do it outside his little react circle! Anybody buying any pumpkin futures today??????

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote