View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 04:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default MINE

was 'Frisco because of my hometown. Picked it up in AIT and it stuck. Didn't take long for someone to add "Kid" to it, as in Cisco Kid. I don't like to put people's last names on the World Wide Web without their permission, so won't now.

COZ: His last name was Cos***

BEETLE: Pertained to his last name.

SUGAR BEAR: I don't know. He was a BIG, black dude.

SUPERSPADE: Another black dude. One of the bravest guys that I've known. He was awarded a Silver Star while still alive, which was VERY uncommon in the 101st back then.

SNAKE: Because he grabbed one by it's tail as it was trying to get away in the underbrush. When he pulled it out, it was a 6' cobra and it was PISSED! A guy from GA emptied a clip into it saying "GAWD, I hate fuckin' snakes."

COUNTRY: From KY or TN, forget which. Always seemed half asleep. This guy had the sloowwwest southern drawl that I've ever heard. He didn't move much faster, either.

BIG RED and LITTLE RED: Big Red had a handlebar moustache that you could see as he walked away from you. He tried to trim it once when he was drunk and whittled it down to nothing. I never saw it the same size again. Little Red would fight anybody, no matter how big. Once saw him bite off a piece of a guy's ear.

CAPONE: A NYC Italian dude who was built like a fire hydrant. Always talked about how tough his neighborhood was and said he had Mob connections.

Some others I can't recall right now. Proud to have known every one of them.