View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 08:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post WHAT's Good About The United States & Canada?

I wanted to start this thread with the idea that much too often we complain, bitch, gripe, and express our greed (union vs management). Yet, I believe there is much more good in American than evil. With that in mind lets not complain, bitch, gripe or express any forms greed (I'm taxed too much, or management doesn't pay well, etc.) on this thread.

I spent a few weeks in West Africa visiting an old friend. I was briefed on this I couldn't and could do. 1. I couldn't talk to a Muslim about God 2. I could not say anything negative in public about the government 3. I could not complain at any road blocks about this being a police state 4. I could not speak about the poor treatment of women in public - and the list went on . . . . .

My first thought was: this isn't America. Talking to other Americans on the Plane Ride back to New York we were so glad to be living in a society were freedom of speech really does exist. So many of the complaints posted in the political debate would have you in jail in any other country in the World. I am grateful that I live in America. I am grateful that I can worship freely without having any concerns about the police coming in and hauling me off to prison. I am grateful for an abundant food supply and the least of my worries is starvation.

These are just a few of my positive feeling towards my country. I hope we will all share a little on this thread.

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale use to quote this scripture:
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praise worthy, think on these things!" Philippians 4:8
Dr. Peale is the author of: "The Power of Positive Thinking"

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links