View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 05:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Manning My Post......I'm Back.........

I know most of you didn't know I was missing...we kept it pretty quiet.....Except I couldn't keep it away from those Marines.....LOL

As many of you know, I had been scheduled for an operation to remove a mass on his right kidney.

Two weeks Thursday I woke up not feeling well,...Ellie my wife, took me to the emergency room which I remained in the VA hospital in ICU.....

I lost a lot of blood....vital signs were not stable...I was doing ok .....they had to give me 4 units of blood......and I was doing better Friday morning..... Needed another 2 units the next day......

I remains in ICU...till after the operation which was on scheduled for , Monday....

The operation went pretty well....had a few complications....but doing much better now......Now since we have the cancer source out of the way....Next step is chemo to work with the cancer that was spread by the kidney.......

I'm sure Glad....to be Back......

Feeling good....Sore in some pain, yet....but Glad to be Home.....
Called Ellie yesterday evening...and stated...Get me Out of here....
A place we might need, but it isn't a place you want to stay in....

Was going through withdrawls not being able to be on the net ...but they said I didn't need to have anymore wires hooked up by me....LOL....

First Phase of my recovery is passed me...and With the Man Above...and I Will get through all the Other Phases I need to go through in the near future ....I need relearn things, that we take for granted....but if you know Ellie...she will have me...doing them in a short time.....

Ellie and I want to Thank You All....For All Your Support and Well Wishes.....Without Family, and Friends.....Keeping Us Strong through this Difficuilt time.....I would have to say....it would have been a little harder....

Thanks Again....

Sempers,

Roger Ellie and Our 4 Brats
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links