View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sis.......

The internationally agreed upon number in Cambodia alone is right about two-million, or one third of the Cambodian population at the time. The Vietnamese numbers are yet unknown but reasonably credible sources with a vested interest in a high number say between four and six hundred thousand simply went poof. Maybe accurate, maybe not, I don?t know.
As a note of interest, the Vietnamese actor who portrayed the North Vietnamese General in Mel Gibson?s movie ?We were Soldiers? was subsequently arrested by the Vietnamese authorities and imprisoned for the movie work. Last I heard he was released from prison due to international pressure and was confined to his home. My guess is that he will also go poof when the coast is clear for such actions.

The book ?Voices from S-21? by the Australian History Prof David Chandler is a look at the very tip of the iceberg of what really happened to ?Liberated? people during those holocaust times. This reading is not for everyone, so be warned, it?s ugly and gruesome as all hell.

Scamp