Thread: handguns
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 10:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by colmurph My idea is to load some hollow base wadcutters backwards and keep the first two shots that way and all the rest loaded normally.
Not a good idea, you'll get screwed for this in Jersey! Possession, use or manufacture of Hollow Points is a no no! By altering the round you are manufacturing a Hollow Point.

Quote:
Originally posted by colmurph DOUBLE TAP and when the coroner has questions you can always say the barrel is worn and the bullets "Tumble".
Again this idea doesn't wash. The lands and grooves only cut one way, thus the direction of the round can be determined. They are also going to confiscate your weapon if you are involved in a shooting. They will fire your weapon for a comparison round. Worn barrel or not they will look a lot a like under a microscope.

I have enough of background to tell you, do not use hand loads in a carry weapon for self defense. A good lawyer will rip you apart when you have to explain "Hand Loads"! Altered rounds carried for the purpose of killing...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote