View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy To Rodger Cary in Memoriam

A very sad thing happened today. My friend Rodger Cary, passed away from a long bout with cancer. He was like a brother to me. We fought the state of New York long and hard going after the politicians in Albany to pay attention to the states Civil War flags. We made trip after trip to Albany and got in their faces, we challenged them all the time with F.O.I. requests to see where their money was going. We hounded them until they got the flag committee to start meeting when they had sat on their butts for 4 years. Largely as a part of our efforts the collection is slowly being restored.

Rodger and I traveled all over the county and state and into New Jersey and Pennsylvania lecturing on things like the Confederate Flag, Flag preservation, grave stone restoration, recording Civil War cemetery plots for posterity. The list goes on and on.

I will miss him dearly. Sorry to post such a sad event like this, but Rodger, even though he was not a pre-eminent civil war scholar,he could blow most of them away; well, he should be recognized amongst his peers for his work and dedication.

Adios old buddy, til we meet again!!

Bill

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links