View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 04:03 PM

Larry,
Thank you for your very kind words of encouragement. I think now that the shock of it all has worn off and we are starting to work on the issues at hand; it is getting a little easier to deal with.

I guess the hardest part of all is the fact that I work for one of the country's leading medicinal chemical research labs and I can't even cure my own father. Its not for a lack of trying. These guys are working 70+ hours per week on all sorts of stuff but it isn't easy. It takes so many years to take a compound from a few milligrams of raw material to an efficable product for human use.

In the meantime we can work with his doctor to come up with the best combo of treatments to make his life better. Anything has to be better than his continuous cough and gasping for air. Its so unnerving when he jumps up gasping like he's drowning. They are also treating him for anxiety which I now understand is common in COPD and lung cancer patients. I can't say that I blame him for that. If I couldnt breathe I would be rather anxious too.

God Bless you and your mother. I hope you have many more enjoyable years together.

Thanks again,
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote